Radio continues to be a strong and effective advertising channel for businesses – it is a broadcast medium that can be accessed anywhere, anytime by anybody.
The engaging and social nature of radio and its powerful connection with its audience makes radio the perfect way to build brand awareness and stimulate digital activity.
Commercial radio audience listening has continued to grow. In 2016, The five metro capital cities saw 10.5 million people tune in to commercial radio each week – up from 10.3 million people the previous year.
- Radio reaches 95% of Australians within the 5 metro capital cities each week.
- Radio accounts for 64.9% of all audio listening each week.
- 79% of the population have one or more radios in their home.
- Listeners are 9 times happier and energised when listening to the radio.
- Two thirds of radio listeners are open to advertising messages, the highest across any form of media.
- 2 in 3 radio listeners engage with a radio social media page
- Live Australian Radio is now available via DAB+ digital radio in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth. DAB+ Trials are currently underway in Canberra and Darwin.
- 36 vehicle brands in Australia include a DAB+ digital radio
TRUST & LOYALTY
- 9 in 10 radio listeners would miss their favourite radio show if it was taken off air permanently.
- Radio listeners are twice as likely to have just one favourite radio station, when compared with other media.
- Over 80% of those living in regional areas agree that radio is the media they turn to for updates and emergency situation
- Radio is the media most associated with being spontaneous, human, accessible, personal intimate and trustworth
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
- Radio advertising delivers an average ROI of +17%, more than online (14%) and TV (13%
- Radio and online is a strong two channel combination, delivering an average ROI of +23
- Radio advertising has an immediate effect. Over three quarters (78%) of those who heard the ads took some form of digital activity within 24 hours.
- People are 6 times more likely to go to an advertiser’s website if they’ve heard them advertisement on radio
- Radio campaigns can be tailored to suit current affairs, news, weather or trends. Stations can change spot placement or live read timings with short notice
LOCAL AND TARGETED
- 3 in 4 radio listeners agree radio is important to keep up to date on local news and community event
- A radio campaign can be scheduled to air at a certain time of day, reaching target audiences at a time when the message is most relevant.
For advertising enquiries on 2LT contact Frances Waddell at firstname.lastname@example.org or Benita Whitham at email@example.com or telephone 02 6352 2900.